This Project is meant to be a challenge for you. The base for this project is an old map and the rest is up to you. The goal is to build layer upon layer. In my step by step tutorial below- I have included a few extra techniques that help enhance depth and layers.
Tools: Paint brushes (or not, finger painting is *always* fun.), Paper trimmer or scissors
Supplies: Paint and Ink, Paper and/or fabric, an Old map, a sheet of Cardstock or Chipboard/Cardboard, picture frame, Diamond glaze or other3d adhesive(optional), velvet flocking(optional), and salt(optional).
1. Start by trimming you fave part of an old map to the correct size of your frame. Back with Cardstock or chipboard so that it is firm enough.
2. A fun technique to add is Tea-dyeing or coffee staining. Brew about a cup of either tea or coffee, and soak your map so that it takes on an aged look. If it crinkles up when it dries, don't worry, simply use an iron and flatten it out.
3. Begin to build up your layers. Since I went with an ocean theme, I used paper bits and scraps and hand cut whimsical waves and adhered them down.
To add more dimension to these, I added "blobs" of diamond glaze to the caps of the waves. You could also add salt sprinkled ontop of wet glaze or paint for a sparkle.
4. Continue to embellish your map, what theme are you going for? I chose to hand cut clouds patterned paper and painted a border. I also added white velvet flocking to my clouds and hand painted my lettering.
I cannot wait to see every one's projects! here are a few inspiration sources--


No comments:
Post a Comment